Saturday, January 3, 2015

ABBA - 40 Jahre Waterloo

2014 German 4h ABBA documentary
-Year: 2014
-Year in film: 1979 ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: girl ~9 ?, women, man
-Available on DVD: no
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: very low
-Rating:  2/10 ?
-Rating: **
-Comment: After exactly 3 hours (including commercials) there was a very brief scene of a clip with Abba performing in the US. It looks like if there's a girl dancing in blue jeans bibs on stage (or just behind the stage) There were many people surrounding the small stage. Anni-Frid also in dark blue bibs or similar blue dress or similar in that show. Previously also Agnetha in bibs and there are lots of pics of her and Björn in tight bibs and also their kids or relatives or fans in bibs as well.

This 4 hour documentary had been aired on New Year's Day after Doc Hollywood. I like the music and the first half I have mainly listened to it. So I might have missed other scenes.

I tried my best to search for this movie and also other clips and pics of US show, but I couldn't find that scene.

I understood that this was from a 1979 TV show. At least they talked about that directly after this scene. Before that they talked about wanting to get (more) famous in the US. That promotion started in 1978. There was an interview shown, looks like a radio interview. The host sounds British and I think I've heard the name John Shaw. They got very famous in the US because of that show/interview with the song ("Take A Chance On Me" ?) In 1975 Abba were in the Dinah Shore show, Shore sounds similar like Shaw, but that looks different and that doesn't fit to the plot. Although it's possible that they showed an older clip not matching the exact storyline. Or I missunderstood it.

I checked many sites and pics like abbaontv but I still can't find it. So I have to recheck it the next rebroadcasting. Maybe it was just Björn (he also wore dark blue bibs).

At least ABBA members in bibs and coveralls. Benny at least in coveralls.

No comments: