Monday, December 8, 2014

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder

beyondtheprairie

Biography. Emmy nominated
-Year: 1999
-Year in film: 1886 ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Grace 9 ?
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: low
-Rating:  2/10
-Rating: **
-Comment: At least a very young girl in beige bibs. Is this Lyndee Probst or Terra Allen? More likely Courtnie Bull (9 yo as well).

During research for my western blog I found this movie. I like LHOTP (see that entries, rating up to 9) but this movie seems to be very poor.

And I only noticed very few scenes in bibs. Maybe I make an entry on my western blog for grown-up Laura Ingalls wearing a cowboy hat.

There is also a 2002 sequel but I haven't checked that one (I doubt that this is better). The Emmy nomination was for the music.

Starring Richard Thomas (The Waltons, John-Boy) and Lindsay Crouse. At least another rare western or western-like movie with a girl in bibs (see list 31).

Rating 2 for now.

No comments: