Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Texas Tornado (1928)

texastornado-bibs

Silent western starring Tom Tyler
-Year: 1928
-Year in film: ~1880s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Ellen ~23 ?
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: low ??
-Rating:  3/10 ?
-Rating: ***
-Comment: Looks like at least this young woman, probably Nora Lane (1905-1948)  in probably blue bibs what is very rare for it's time. Also in a (according to a colorized lobby card) red hat and a red tie (ties are also rare for a woman).

I found this during research for my western blog on YouTube (also starring 11 yo child actor Frankie Darro, western blog rating 3).

I don't know the complete movie as I only have seen some short clips. Available on DVD (not sure if it's officially and can't say about the image quality) and stream.

She also starred in many other westerns. But I haven't seen any others of them and also can't say much more about this one.

Rating 3 for now.

Thanks again to db1 for submitting more pics of Golden Palace (boy, shortalls, rating 4).

/2011/12/31/golden-palace/

And thanks for 514 hits yesterday.

No comments: