Monday, September 15, 2014

Man with the Gun (1955)



Western starring Robert Mitchum
-Year: 1955
-Year in film: ~1880s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy ~9
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  5/10 ?
-Rating: *****
-Comment: A young boy in bibs and a straw hat. At least one scene at the beginning of the movie. Note that the straps are overlapping what is quite rare but maybe less rare these day. I also have seen that on Mary-Ellen Walton (s1).

In preparation for today's western "3:10 to Yuma (2007)" which looks very interesting also starring a teen boy and I think some younger boys but most likely not in bibs, I also found the 1957 version which looks even more interesting (2 young teen boys, also riding, but probably also not in bibs), I found this movie.

I didn't had the time to check the complete movie but as I like western and classic movies, I think I can give a 5-6 rating. But not more for the few scenes unless I've seen more.

Touching scene where the dog of this boy is being shot.

I have to check the complete movie  asap.

Please also note my previous entries including the upcoming broadcasting of "Men of Honor".

Update: One other young boy in dark bibs behind a window (partial front +rear, very brief scene). Rear view:

/2018/04/03/update-man-with-the-gun-1955/

No comments: