Saturday, February 22, 2014

Scandal at Scourie



Westernlike MGM drama
-Year: 1953
-Year in film: 1890s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boys ~6-13
-Available on DVD: no *
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium
-Rating: 6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: Some boys in different bibs including a redhaired boy in dark blue and black (or raw denim ?) bibs. He is also riding at the end of the movie in dark blue bibs. I don't know their names. Set in Canada.

And another one from the "missing Felix" list. I took the time and checked some more of this and other movies and I also have to make some updates (Footloose, The Waltons Season 2 and 7), "The Fires of Ignorance (1975)" from the missing Felix list I already had (Gunsmoke s20e17 starring 14 yo Lance Kerwin, rating 8, also will be updated soon). Sometimes I don't know what to post first. I choose this one.

First I couldn't find movies online and almost considered buying this on DVD. But then I found it completetly on YouTube (in bad quality) and it seems to be in Public Domain (in the US).

There are maybe about 4 or 5 boys (at an orphanage, later in a train, at school and outside) in bibs, but mostly in worn bibs with simple suspenders on the back. Only rather few (good) scenes of the redhaired boy.

The main plot is about a couple adopting a girl (Donna Corcoran ,see also "Gypsy Colt", she in bibs, rating 7). Screenplay by Karl Tunberg (Ben Hur). Story "Good Boy" by Mary McSherry. Starring Walter Pidgeon and Greer Garson.

Rating 6-7. There are some DVDr available. Don't know about the quality.

Update: I now have checked the complete movie at better quality. The bibs are not black but dark blue. Probably it's the same pair than outside (pic 1 at 42 minutes) and maybe not even raw denim. And no bib pocket. Rather few good scenes and no real rear view of this boy. New pics and 2 more

/2018/02/01/update-scandal-at-scourie/

No comments: