Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Holubice (1960)

whitedove1960

Drama aka The White Dove
-Year: 1960
-Year in film: ~1960s
-Country: CZ
-Who in bibs: Michal ~9 ?
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: low ?
-Rating: 3/10 ?
-Rating: ***
-Comment: At least I think 9 or 10 yo Karel Smyczek (but even younger looking) in light blue bibs and according to a screenshot also sitting in dark blue shortalls.I only have seen what is available on Youtube (3rd of it).

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/16359-holubice/29538365656/

Directed by Frantisek Vlácil. Nominated for a Golden Lion.

Movie (style and plot) might be quite interesting (I have to check more of it), but the boy is quite young, movie is b&w and I think I don't like these bibs.

So rating 2-3 for now only.

 

5 comments:

Sarah said...

In the Sugar Creek gang movies is it only the two bullies that wear overalls shirtless?

Admin said...

Yes, I think so.

There are some dressing/undressing scenes in films 1 and 3 (and maybe 2) and shirtless scenes while swimming but I don't remember Dragonfly shirtless while wearing overalls. Definitely not Poetry or Little Jim.

Sarah said...

Bu I know Tom wore them shirtless once after he turned good

Admin said...

Yes, both Till brothers wore bibs shirtless. I think also earlier since film 1. But they are the only ones. There is a bully called Shorty Long who don't wear bibs at all.

Ellen said...

In the fourth movie after Tom joined the Sugar creek gang he wore bibs shirtless twice.