Thursday, September 26, 2013

Story 59: Overalls throughout the decades 1890s-2010s



Somehow I thought about the past like The Waltons (I will watch this series starting from season 3 or 4 soon).

I made this pic showing boys and girls in different decades.

Pic showing typical brown non-jeans western bibs in the 1890s (boys: Love's Unending Legacy, then a scene from The Waltons, Krempoli (typical tight bibs of the 70s), Home Improvement and Brotherly Love s2e2).

Girls: Love Comes Softly, The Waltons, season 1, The War Between Men and Women, Ready or Not s2e9 and You're Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley's Sleepover Party.

The 1930s there are mainly working bibs of poor people during the Great Depression and WWII. The 70s and 80s there is a typical fashion. The 80s often have baggy bibs and accessories like caps. The 90s showing different colored bibs/shortalls, one strap loose and the like.

Also of interest "The Wonder Years" 50s/60s, Mr. Selkie, Small Wonder, Separate Lives, Alex Mack (90s), The Enid Blyton Secret Series.

Sorry, no women yet. This is just a personal selection of what I thought is typical for that decade. There are also raw denim bibs in the 30s and later and also regular (farm) bibs of men and women later.

Maybe I will create some more later. Please also check my other list (tight and baggy bibs) and story entries.

I forgot the 50s (Sugar Creek Gang) and of course the 2000s and 2010s. Maybe I should create lists or tags.

No comments: