Thursday, August 8, 2013

Book 27: To Kill A Mockingbird

To Kill A Mockingbird To Kill A Mockingbird

Famous 1960 novel by Harper Lee. Pulitzer Prize.

I had to order a book to keep the shipping prize for a different product free. So I finally bought this one.

One of my favourite movies, rating 9, but in my TOP-10 for boys.

I previously read 2 non-bibs books and I'm still very busy.

Now, I'm on page 40 of 309 pages. 1997 Arrow Books edition.

The novel is obviously quite close to the movie or better vice versa.

2 brief bibs passages yet.

p 21: Decription of a barefoot boy (Walter Cunningham Jr.) sitting in the school house wearing "neatly mended overalls". Played by Steve Condit in the movie, but I have to recheck it.

p25:  Same boy touching his straps and hooks of his bibs, watched by Jem.

p 47: lady with straw hat and men's coveralls

p 60/64: fence/underpants scene but pants and later breeches were described (movie including close up is much better)

p 90: an aunt doesn't like Jem wearing bibs at home and prefer breeches. Jem talking about him wearing a dress. Very interesting (and not in the movie)

p 112: The girl Scout should wear a dress according to a neighboring woman "what are you doing in those overalls?". Jem just turned 12

p 168: men descirbed in overalls and denim shirts

Will be continued.

For more infos see the movie entry at

/2011/01/05/to-kill-a-mockingbird/

Sorry, I'm still very busy and even have to expand my blogging pause. But I hope to make some posts in the meantime.

Update: I now have read more than half of it. No more bibs scenes yet. And the book is boring and I don't like it. The movie is much better. I think I will read something else in between, so it takes much more time for finishing this entry.

Update 2: Finally completely read.

At the end, last page 309, her dad unhooked and pulled the overalls of Scout off and put pajamas on.

Short description and previously nothing more of interest.

No comments: