Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Dollmaker




TV drama starring Jane Fonda
-Year: 1984
-Year in film: 1940s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boys ~ 11, 8, men
-Available on DVD: no *
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium-
-Rating: 5/10 ?
-Rating: *****
-Comment: I think at least 2 brothers (of 5 kids) and some men in bibs. Mainly at the first half of this movie (later in the winter in closed jackets). Farm content. Also at least a young girl in a sailor dress (soon on my other blog, rating 3).

Happy New Year!

During research for some other rare movies, I found this movie on YouTube. I only checked this complete movie at high speed and it looks like a typical farm movie set in Kentucky of the 1940s (during WWII).

Emmy Award and 2 nominations for a Golden Globe. Also starring Mike Bacarella, Etel Billig and Christine Ebersole. There are some DVDs but obviously not official ones.

I like vintage farm movies but I haven't found any perfect or notable scenes. Also poor image quality. Horses but I don't know of any riding scenes in bibs. Also not found women in bibs. 150 minutes, novel by Harriet Arnow. Directed by Daniel Petrie

So rating 4-5 for now.

Pics at 27 minutes. pic 1 a bit later.

No comments: