Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Boy Who Stole the Elephant



Disney film starring David Wayne
Year: 1970
-Year in film: 1850s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boys ~ 8, 11 yo
-Available on DVD: yes*
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low ?
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: At least 3 boys, I think including Mark Lester (maybe right boy on pic 1) and at least a man (middle aged) in blue bibs.

From my rare movies list. I considered an update of 3 rare movies, but as I didn't have an entry of this I made this one. (Others coming soon).

Currently completely on YouTube. I checked it at high speed and only find very few and short scenes. The Wonderful World of Disney / Disneyland 1954- series s17e02.

I can't say much more. Looks like Tom Sawyer with that straw hats, but the plot is about orphans and a circus. Also starring June Havoc, Susan Olsen and Christopher Shea. Directed by Michael Caffey.

There is an official (?) DVD-r on demand available. Not sure about the quality. Maybe VHS quality.

Rating 5-6 for now.

No comments: