Friday, October 26, 2012

Young People's Specials

umbrellajack3umbrellajack4

Afterschool Special. 18+ ep, this s1e4
-Year: 1984
-Year in film: 1980s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Billy ~10
-Available on DVD: VHS only
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low+
-Rating:  4/10 ?
-Rating: ****
-Comment: Young Joey Lawrence in blue bibs in episode "Umbrella Jack".

Thanks for this suggestion. I have seen some pics, but I couldn't find any usable pics nor clips to embed. I like the Lawrence Brothers but that depends on each age. I think I only like or noticed Joey in "Pulse" (1988). Here's the pic I mentioned before, showing Matthew and Joey in bibs (about early or mid 90s)

http://imgfave.com/view/1658398

Starring John Carradine (Emmy Award), Donna Wandrey and Thomas McGowan. I can't say much more about this episode or series. Probably similar to the ABC and other Afterschool specials but not as famous. Few infos on the web. Seems very rare.

Rating 4 only due to his young age.

I also finished the novel "Summer of the Monkeys". No bibs scenes. Movie entry starring Corey Sevier in bibs, rating 6 at

/2011/07/05/summer-of-the-monkeys/

"She's All That" starring Rachael Leigh Cook had recently been aired, but I missed nearly all of it. But probably not more than rating 6.

Thanks very much db1 for providing the pics!

He later submitted a "better" pic (full view) but it's b&w and obviously not a screenshot and copyrighted, so I don't use it here.

Update now completely checked. Fewer scenes than first assumed (2 longer scenes). It's also available on VHS like other episodes (but OOP). Company Films for the Humanities & Sciences FFH. Also on my bedroom blog and other episodes on my sailor suit blog.

/2019/02/17/update-young-peoples-specials-umbrella-jack/

No comments: