Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fame (1982)



Drama TV series, 136 ep in 6 season
-Year: 1982-1987
-Year in film: 1980s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Doris ~24, Julie ~25, Leroy ~20 (?)
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  5/10 ?
-Rating: *****
-Comment: 23 or 25 yo Valerie Landsburg in orange bibs (pic from s1e5, song "Be my Music", pic 2 eating Pizza),  I think Lori Singer in blue bibs (S1e4, rehearsing a stage play) and an older black teen boy in S2e18 (pictured below, maybe 19 or 20 yo Gene Anthony Ray (1962-2003) ?), probably more actors in bibs. 3 Golden Globes and some more Awards.

I found by coincidence this pic of Valerie Landsburg during research for something else

http://snakkle.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/valerie-landsburg-fame-photo-GC.jpg

I checked some episodes (at highspeed) and first had problems finding any actors in bibs. I found some screenshots at another fansite and though pictured I couldn't find this scene in this episode. There's another clip of this song and that's the Pizza scene.

I think I never have seen this series and also don't remember the 1980 movie (except for Irene Cara). I like the 80s but don't like dancing (except in bibs, but I don't know of any scenes like that).

If someone knows some more or even better episodes in bibs, please comment. I don't have the time to watch all episodes. I am lucky to find this ones.

Rating 5-6 for now. Lori Singer looks a bit too thin.

No comments: