Friday, August 10, 2012

The Ballad of Cable Hogue



Western starring Jason Robards
-Year: 1970
-Year in film: 1908
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs:  boy ~8 yo ?
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurrence: very low
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: At least one of the pictured boys in good blue bibs. I don't know his name as the kids aren't credited completely at IMDb. The other might be Matthew Peckinpah. At least 7 kids acting, but probably only this boy in bibs. Blue bibs are also very rare in westerns (I only have "The Last Train from Gun Hill", also rating 6 including riding, Little Big Man (rating 3), Bootleggers (rating 5), The Cowboys (rating 4), and series Gunsmoke (rating 9), LHOTP + Father Murphy).

I don't know/don't remember this movie and have to check this again the next broadcasting. Looks very good. Rated R, 121 minutes. Also starring Stella Stevens, David Warner and Strother Martin. The western itself should also be very good. Maybe there's also some interesting clothing for my other blog.

Rating 6 for now.

Update: Completely checked at high speed. I only noticed this very brief, but good scene. So still rating 6.

No comments: