Friday, June 29, 2012

Carnival of Souls (1998)

carnivalofsouls2

Horror film produced by Wes Craven
-Year: 1998
-Year in film: 1990s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: woman Alex ~29, Sandra ~28
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurrence: low+
-Rating:  3/10 ?
-Rating: ***
-Comment: Bobbie Phillips in blue bibs (pic 2).

And another one from the "chicks list". I don't know/don't remember this remake (rated R) of 1962. The setting with the fun fair reminds me of Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes"; and the clown of Stephen King's It.

I like horror movies, but I'm not sure of this one. IMDb rating is very low. There are also flashback scenes with a 9 yo girl (Raquel Beaudene), but probably not in bibs. Also starring Shawnee Smith, Larry Miller and Paul Johansson.

I have to check this again the next broadcasting. Bibs seem quite good but probably nothing special. Mirror scenes are always a good idea, so you can see front and back.

Rating 3-4 for now.

Update: Thanks for the comment. Shawnee Smith wears green/brown overalls at the end of the movie. I have to check for pics. Obviously few scenes as well of Bobbie Phillips at ~38 minutes. I only found headshots.

/2019/04/30/update-carnival-of-souls-1998/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X74fvBisNrk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawnee Smith wears green/brown overalls at the end of the movie too.

Anonymous said...

Shawnee Smith wears green/brown overalls at the end of the movie too.