Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang



Fantasy film starring Emma Thompson
Year: 2010
-Year in film: 1940s
-Country: UK, France, USA
-Who in bibs: Megsie ~12, Vincent ~7
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes, TV recording
-Bib occurrence: often
-Rating:  5/10
-Rating: *****
-Comment: Girl Lil Woods (not sure about her age) always in long bibs worn with a brown belt and Britain Oscar Steer in shortalls (rip off bibs), backside suspenders only. Both in green rubber boots (pictured). Another boy Eros Vlahos in breeches/knickers. Also starring another boy (Asa Butterfield) and girl, but not in bibs.

I already had a combined entry about this and the first (2005) Nanny McPhee film (rating 5, and rather 4 for now for the 1st film), but I haven't seen both films before. Yesterday I saw this film completely. Good, entertaining and funny family film with a witch like nanny (Emma Thompson). Good farm setting and farm work also showing some cute pigs. Unfortunately the boy is very young and I don't like bibs with single suspenders at the backside. There are no braces but big buttons instead. Also not sure if this is real denim fabric. Some good scenes. The girl is also sitting on the ground. Also a lot of mud. A strange mix of farm and fantasy content.

I like farm films, but I can't rate any higher than rating 4-5. Film aka "Nanny McPhee Returns" Vlahos was nominated for a Young Artist Award.

For more infos 2 more pics about the first and this film (which I still have to check) see it's entry at

Nanny McPhee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK_7l6hsItQ

No comments: