Monday, April 2, 2012

Info 144: Staying on Wordpress

After testing for exactly 2 weeks now on wordpress, I decided to continue blogging here.

First I wasn't 100% sure, but there were again a lot of massive problems on many (other) Blogger/blogsport blogs the last week, like Server 503 errors. Either it has something to do with the country redirections or they had other technical problems or testing again something new. Even if wordpress will or had to do the same thing, wordpress seems much better. Both have pros and cons and maybe there is no perfect free service.

Wordpress has some limitations and minor bugs, but I can't stay the major Blogger bugs and problems.

Here I encountered some very minor bugs like font or box issues, but this could also be my personal browser setting or else. One little design error on my dashboard, obviously due to my long blog title on my sailor suits and lederhosen film blog. At least the blog search and the main functions work perfectly here. The link to The Overalls Forum in the feed doesn't link to there but to my blog, although set up properly. However the main link and the feeds are displayed.

The blog Dng Effect is again down temporarily for private reasons, so no feed error here.

2 posts are coming today, one first wordpress stats (showing a bit more than displayed and on the old blog) and a regular post.

Further some more spam each day, but I think I can handle that but maybe won't check the spam folder every day on both new blogs. Someone has again feed problems and asked if I had a Twitter or facebook account, but I think it was spam either. And no, I don't have any of those.

No comments: