Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Vanishing Virginian


Biography starring Kathryn Grayson
-Year: 1942
-Year in film: 1913
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Robert ~14
-Available on DVD: yes *
-I own: no   
-Bib occurrence: low ?
-Rating:  7/10 ?       
-Rating: *******
-Comment: At least one teen boy in bibs, I think this is Dickie Jones (pictured).
He also in knickerbockers and (teen) girls in interesting historical clothing, including ~19 yo Kathryn Grayson (1922-2010) in sailor dresses (see my other blog, rating 5, including a clip). Obviously also farm content.

I don't know this complete movie, but bibs are looking very good. However I assume rather few bib scenes as he also wears other clothes. Also probably not many sailor dress scenes, but I think I would like this movie. Also starring other famous kid actors like Scotty Beckett (1929-1968).

Available officially on Warner Bros. archive DVD-R on demand.

I even consider buying this film, but hope for a soon TV broadcasting.
Even rating 7 for now.
For more infos see my other blog.
Movie was for many months on my rare film list and now on both blogs. I still have to find better pics and clips.

No comments: