Saturday, March 24, 2012

Info 140: Wordpress global tags

Wodpress might enhance my blogs. Maybe there are also some more readers, followers or people who comment. Some older pics were now showing on a web image search as new. But the performance and quality of Wordpress seems much better, however strongly limited features.

Also more than twice as much readers than yesterday and also still very much on my old blog. Wordpress is is some points a bit better than Blogger (stats, blog search etc). There are no thumbnails but pic on Blogger's Dashboard and Google Reader or other feed reader.

Another interesting thing is, that there are "Global tags" like

http://en.wordpress.com/tag/overalls/

so someone can find other related blogs as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a tag called overalls (as all is about them) but try baggy or shortalls or else. On my other blog I have tags like Lederhosen. 2 word tags like sailor suit obviously doesn't work. Not sure if this is different than regular web search, at least faster.

I still have to learn. I read that exporting all pics is not available (except for other worpress.com or paid wordpress.org accounts), but there should be some software which can do it.

Another interesting thing I noticed recently, which has nothing to do with Wordpress, is that there is a list of all linked vids of a blog like this entry of my old blog (maybe new to someone)

http://www.youtube.com/topic/XqUbM0ZHZds/bib-overalls-film-blog

I also have added links to my PD Picasa albums here.

No comments: