Sunday, October 16, 2011

Finding Buck McHenry


TV baseball film starring Ossie Davis
-Year: 2000
-Year in film: 1990s?
-Country: Canada
-Who in bibs: girl Kim ~ 12 ys ?
-Available on DVD: yes 
-I own: no * 
-Bib occurence: low ?   
-Rating:  5/10 ?     
-Rating: *****
-Comment: A girl in dark blue bibs (or shortalls), must be Megan Bowes.

Another one from my rare movie list (I want to replace that list). I found this DVD cover on the web some time ago but can't find any screenshots or trailers with her. I am pretty sure that I have seen this film some time, maybe 1 or 2 years ago. Perhaps I even have somewehere a (partly) recording but have to search for it. I think a quite good and touching family film (rated PG), Primetime Emmy for Ossie Davis and Young Artist Awards for the 4 kid actors. Famous novel by Alfred Slote (published 1991). Also starring Michael Schiffman as 11 yo Jason, Ruby Dee, Ernie Banks and Kevin Jubinville. I think the girl is in the baseball team, so might be a tomboy. Have to check again (hope for a soon broadcasting), rating 5 for now. But I assume few bib scenes (if any). Bib look dark, but not sure if raw denim.

No comments: