Sunday, October 23, 2011

Book 12: (several)

Somebody asked for more book entries, and as I'm almost finished with my previous book, I searched today the web (mainly on Google Books and shopping sites).
I found some quite interesting books, but either there are too few bib scenes or most of the text can already be found online, so no reason to buy it.

There are some non-fiction books (farm childhood), but probably I would be disappointed with those. Next time I try other resources (like social websites and suggestions from other books or just crawl book covers and titles. Some books have few infos on the web, but I also don't want to buy books, I won't like. I think I will buy a fiction children's book next.
So I share, what I've found today.

Robert Peters: Family Love and Other Misfortunes

I think mainly poems of this gay author. One story on one page called "Bib overalls" (only snippets online). Also confirming to wear no underwear in the summer, wash lines and (soft) fabric. I think 5 x the word overalls, but I'm not sure about this book. He also wrote "Crunching Gravel: A Wisconsin Boyhood in the Thirties" but I think also with few bib scenes. He  has a story in "Farm Boys - Lives of Gay Men From the Rural Midwest" (which I own and like).

Fred Tanner: Tanner, Boy Orphan


Good book (most parts can be viewed online) including 3 or more good pics with boys in bibs (farm work). Few but good scenes (incl. barefoot and non sensitive soles).

Wendell Duffield: Growing Up Near Lake Wobegon

Even bibs on the cover, but only 2 x "bib overalls" within the book.

Olaf F. Larson, Jerry Apps: When Horses Pulled the Plow: Life of a Wisconsin Farm Boy, 1910-1929

Good cover image. But I think few or no bib scenes.

Robert J. Hastings: A Nickel's Worth of Skim Milk - A Boy's View Of the Great Depression


I think same as above. Boy in shortalls or cuffed up legs.

No comments: