Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Maman est chez le coiffeur


French coming of age film
-Year: 2008
-Year in film: 1966
-Country: Canada
-Who in bibs: boy Coco ~12  
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes, TV recording
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  7/10 *
-Rating: *******
-Comment: Élie Dupuis (pictured) in dark green bibs. Further a young boy in Lederhosen (see my other blog). This is one of my favorite recent films. Also good plot of a gay father in 1960s. Sadly with few bib scenes but also with other very good scenes. Teen girl (15 ys) with pigtails (Marianne Fortier, pictured left on bike who is the main character). 2 kissing scenes including her and other kids (one kissing game in a barn with long kissing and perfect song, Bang Bang, later also played by Dupuis, who also rerecorded this touching song). Different song in trailers! The film I would rate 9 or 10, but due to few bib scenes here only 7. Film was even aired before DVD release, so I didn't had to buy it. I even considered buying it, but I think there are no DVD extras. International title: Mommy Is at the Hairdresser's.

Also on my Lederhosen blog.

No comments: