Sunday, March 20, 2011

After the Promise (1987)


Touching TV movie
-Year: 1987
-Year in film: 1930s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy ~7, boy 9, boy ~15
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes, TV recording
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: An extremely touching film. I remember few bib scenes at the beginning (picture left) and the end (right) in blue bibs and a boy ~9ys in black bibs. I don't know the names of the actors. The four sons are separted from each other and their dad. Some violent background but not shown directly. At an institution the legs of the boys are broken so that they can't run away. Also they got a vasectomy. I think this is a good film, but not much bib scenes. Set in rural California during the depression. Starting from 1935 and I think some years later at the end. Due to few bib scenes I "only" rate 6.

No comments: