Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rana: The Legend of Shadow Lake


 Horror film with amphibious rubber frog monster
-Year: 1975
-Year in film: 1970s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Kelly 11ys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: medium
-Rating:  9/10
-Rating: *********
-Comment: Brad Ellingson (pictured) in blue bibs. Film aka Croaked: The Frog Monster from Hell. Also wet bibs (falling in the lake while fishing) and shirtless in cut off jeans shorts, swimming with a woman (I understand his cousin).
Edit: I have now seen this film completely and I like film and bibs. Originally I rated it 6 but now upgrade to 8-9. I can confirm medium bib scenes, although the boy is not always shown but long scenes and always in bibs except for swimming. German VHS had been indexed (not completely banned/forbidden) from 1985-2010, although FSK 16 in cinemas. There is a single DVD version (2010) and a 2004 version with 2 other films (which are not rated in Germany). Rated "R" in the USA. I like those lake/wood/cabin/camp horror films of the 70s and 80s. Scenes in a wood, a cabin and a house and I would call this farm content. I'm not sure if the image quality is better on the 2010 DVD and if it's remastered. Perhaps if there will be a good quality DVD or Blue Ray I would even buy it. Same problem with other old films of the 1970s. Film looks like a B-movie, independent film or trash movie and with few horror scenes, but I also like the plot.

No comments: