Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Painted House



Young boy on a cotton farm in Arkansas. Novel by John Grisham

-Year:2003
-Year in film: 1952
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Luke ~10, boy ~16 and other men, boys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes DVD
-Bib occurrence: very often
-Rating:  8/10
-Rating: ********
-Comment: Very good farm film. But I don't like the bibs. Also some men and a mentally handicapped teen boy with bibs. Logan Lerman (pictured) wears medium blue bibs which are a bit baggy. Nice acting though and authentic setting of the cotton farm. Also some exciting and touching scenes. Also a bathing scene with Luke and him peeping at a skinnydipping woman. There is also a very short scene in the town before the big fight, with at least 3 boys ~10-14ys in better, darker bibs.
DVD: I own the Dutch RC2 PAL DVD. English language with Dutch subtitles. No extras.

The big pic below is from my Hallmark film list. Very good cotton field. I like cotton and corn fields. The boy is even younger in the novel. Otherwise I would have bought it, too.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2020/04/update-painted-house.html

No comments: