Friday, May 6, 2011

Unknown 1: Boy? German series?

This is the first unknown image of a very short untitled VHS clip. If I remembererd correctly this was broadcasted on Dutch TV in ~1989/1990 (but also not sure, could be later overwritten, but fashion and hair fashion looks like early or mid 80s and fashion and trees could be German but also eg. British). I think there was a subtitle that the boy or someone else go to Berlin (to his parents?). So probably a German series (or film). I think this is a boy in dark blue bibs. Bibs are not perfect, so I rate 5 for now. Image can be zoomed a bit for better identification. Last time checking my tapes I had not much time, perhaps I could find more infos, but I think this was only few seconds.

Update:
I checked my old tape again, scene is 1-2 minutes. Language is British, so film or series of the UK (I assume a film). Still not sure if this is a boy. Voice is very high pitched, but I assume a young boy ~8-9 ys. Mother is obviously in Berlin and plot is about divorce? /custody of the kids. In one scene they wore carpets with a hole in it like Mexicans and under them pajamas. No names were called.

Update: Found! I recognized the actor (Ian Holm) in Loch Ness (1996). It's the TV series "Game, Set and Match" (1988). The kid in bibs is the girl Kirsten Valder (few scenes in ep 6).

Also a lady I think in coveralls in ep 9. Pic 1 also from ep 9.

No comments: