Thursday, November 17, 2011

Land Girls (2009)


BBC Drama TV series, 15 episodes in 3 seasons
-Year: 2009
-Year in film: 1940s
-Country: UK
-Who in bibs: women 21- ~40 ys 
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: often ?
-Rating:  4/10
-Rating: ****
-Comment: At least 4 young women in beige and light brown bibs worn with belts. One or two also in very light pastel-colored blue and turquoise (non-jeans), shorter bibs (see clip). Not sure about the age of each. The youngest is perhaps Jo Woodcock aged 21, the oldest probably Becci Gemmel (pictured). Christine Bottomley was 30. Seline Hizli unknown, maybe also ~30.

This is the last period drama series I found during research for my other blog. Looks similar to "Foyle's War" (see that entry, rating 4).
I don't know this complete series, but it's probably quite interesting about rural life and the Women's Land Army during WWII. Also some kids acting but I don't know of any other actors in bibs. There was also a similar 1998 movie called "The Land Girls" featuring 3 women.
I have to check this again. Rating 4 for now for the bib scenes. I like farm content but not beige bibs. Most will probably like the 21 yo in turqouise bibs.

Some good pics and review is at

http://landgirl1980.blogspot.com/2011/01/land-girls-bbc-series-1-review.html

No comments: