Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lassie (1994)


Lassie film
-Year: 1994
-Year in film: 1990s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: girl ~7 , girl April 13, woman, men
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  3/10 
-Rating: ***
-Comment: A young girl, I think this is Brittany Boyd as Jennifer (pictured) and her mother (Helen Slater ?, bibs seen in trailer) and at least 2 older farm man in blue bibs and one in beige. I don't like this Lassie version. Girl is very young and I assume few or medium bib scenes. There are some good farm images but I prefer the classic b/w series, films or the Canadian 1997 series starring Corey Sevier and a teen girl, girl in bibs (see that entry). I also don't like this boy actor here (is this Tom Guiri ?)

Edit: I now have seen this complete movie on big TV screen. Before that I've seen it at high speed on PC. 13 year old Michelle Williams as April in ~3 seconds of the whole film in bibs (image right). In the same scene later she wore light blue standard jeans. Brittany Boyd also in baggy light blue bibs (short scene). Some good scenes (of 2 other boys in standard jeans). I wonder why Michelle Williams' scene is so short and there are publicity images with her in bibs. Perhaps they deleted much of this film like "Crazy in Alabama". Originally I considered rating 2-3 but now 3-4 but stay it at 3.

No comments: