Pages

▼

Sunday, November 17, 2024

Meet the Mennonites

 

Documentary, 52 minutes
–Year: 2018
–Year in film: 2010s 
–Country: France/ZA
–Who in bibs: boys, men
–Available on DVD: no ?    
–I own: no
–Bib occurrence: medium+ ? 
–Rating: 6/10 ?   
–Rating: ******
–Comment: Another documentary about Mennonites (also Belize). Part of the DW Documentary series. Magneto Presse. Directed by Mélanie Van Der Ende. I think this is the most common movie about Mennonites (at least about them in South Africa). There are several different/foreign titles: Mennonites: Life in the Ultra-Conservative Christian Colonies of South Africa (Documentary). Aired 2020 on M6. A German title: Mennoniten - Die geschlossenste Gemeinschaft der Welt - Untersuchung - Weltdokumentation - MP.

I only checked this briefly. I think there are better ones (see previous and upcoming Mennonites movies). Rating ~5-6. Iconic pic 2 for better identification.

Update: I later found a shorter 2020 German documentary which might be the same

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2024/12/auf-der-flucht-vor-der-welt-mennoniten.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.