Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rusty's Birthday


Drama boy + dog, b&w
-Year: 1949
-Year in film: 1940s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Jeff ~10 ys ?
-Available on DVD: VHS
-I own: no   
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  6/10 ?       
-Rating: ******
-Comment: I think this is Jimmy Hunt (Invaders From Mars, 1953) in heavily worn bibs. Maybe blue jeans, but maybe beige bibs. Unclear as b&w but I assume light blue ones.

Another one from my rare movie list. I still haven't found any clips yet, so I use this part of the (colorized) movie poster.
I think this is the 6th of the 7+ classic Rusty the dog film series. I have seen most parts of the 1st film "Adventures of Rusty (1945)" but this has no bib scenes and partly other actors.

Looks quite good. 60 minutes, also starring 16 yo Jeff Donaldson as main character Danny Mitchell, John Litel and Ann Doran. I like those classic movies and that's probably a good family movie.

I have "Rusty: A Dog's Tale" (1998) with a black boy in bibs and a girl in shortalls, rating 4. But this is obviously an unrelated film and different dog breed, not the German Shepherd.

I have to check this again later and hope for a broadcasting or online clip. I also have to check the other films.
Rating 6-7 for now.

 Update: I have now found this movie. Fewer bibs scenes than thought.

/2015/05/05/update-rustys-birthday/

No comments: