Saturday, December 17, 2011

Book 14: Eulalie Osgood Grover: The Overall Boys, etc

The Overall Boys in Switzerland

As I completed reading my last book "Anna on the Farm" I searched for new overalls book and found also this 2 free books by Eulalie Osgood Grover "Mother Goose".

-The Overall Boys - A First Reader (1905)
-The Overall Boys in Switzerland - A Second Reader (1916)

Both books can be completely read or downloaded at archive.org

http://www.archive.org/details/overallboysinswi00grov

The first book is about 4 young farm boys. Many illustrations, but very short and simple sentences.
The 2nd book is much better, 2 boys visiting Switzerland, also showing other boys and some in Lederhosen.

---

Another (non-children) (Christian) book which might be quite interesting is

-Jean Coleman: I Met Him In My Overalls

It's about a young woman (also partly describing her youth with her dad and sisters) who met Jesus in her dirty overalls. This book seems to be non-fiction and I won't buy it.

So I have to continue searching for other interesting books and read other non-overalls book instead.

No comments: