Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Charlie and the Talking Buzzard


Fantasy movie, director Christopher Cain
-Year: 1979
-Year in film: 1970s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Charlie ~ 11 ys ??
-Available on DVD: VHS only *
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: often
-Rating:  5/10
-Rating: *****
-Comment: Christopher Hanks in blue bibs (pictured). I found this movie many weeks ago but still can't find any clips or trailers on the web. There was a VHS release in 1989. I found a DVD offer but that's a VHS transfer. The movie is aka "Buzzard" and only 66 minutes (according to IMDb, other sources say 81minutes). Also starring 14 (or 12 yo) yo Chris Penn (1965-2006, Footloose) and 15 yo Dean Cain. Probably a good children's detective film with a boy, his dog and a talking buzzard. I can't say much more about this movie. Although I usually don't like boys with such glasses and movies of the 70s I would like to see it. Not sure of farm content and his exact age. Rating 5 for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bought this movie and just watched it. Has boy wearing osh kosh blue bib overalls almost the entire time. I highly rate it. Worth picking up a copy to see.

Admin said...

Thanks. But I don't think that I will buy it.
Is there a DVD?