Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer of the Monkeys


Disney film, novel by Wilson Rawls
Year: 1998
-Year in film: 1800s 
-Country: Canada
-Who in bibs: boy Jay ~14 , girl, men
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium ?
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: Corey Sevier (pictured) in light blue, worn and patched hickory striped bibs. I don't remember this complete film, but very good Disney animal film. Rawls also wrote "Where the Red Fern Grows" which had been filmed by Disney twice (see both entries here). For Sevier see also entry Lassie (1997). I assume medium or fewer bib scenes as he also wears other pants (standard dark blue jeans and brown pants with suspenders). Some good views of backside of bibs while lying on the ground at a fight at the schoolyard. Also grapped by the female teacher at the suspenders. No trailer to embed. I will update this entry the next TV broadcasting. I don't like hickory striped bibs and Red Fern (both) are much better, although I like acting of Sevier. Also starring Katie Stuart.

 Novel: More than 1 year later I bought this novel (in German) instead of the novel Where the Red Fern Grows. No bibs scenes at all. I don't like the novel. It's not boring, but 90 % are about catching the apes. However the last 10 pages are quite good. I noticed the following scenes, page 54 of 191, might differ depending on edition: Health inspection by his grandma (nothing detailed), page 96: apes had stolen his pants while sleeping, wearing underpants. No separate entry of the book as no bibs scenes. I have to check again the movie.

Update: Also riding scenes in those light blue bibs Thanks Felix for his entry and pics). But I think they could be better but I have to check the complete movie.

Update 2: Some more, younger boys in dark bibs and also men. Adding tags farm, sitting M, men. Girl in beige bibs or similar.

 https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2018/12/update-summer-of-monkeys.html

 https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2020/06/update-2-summer-of-monkeys.html

No comments: