Saturday, May 14, 2011

Because of Winn-Dixie


Film with a girl and a dog
-Year: 2005
-Year in film: 2000s?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: girl Opal 10 ys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes, TV recording
-Bib occurence: medium
-Rating:  4/10
-Rating: ****
-Comment: AnnaSophia Robb (pictured) in blue shortalls. Also cycling in them (2 or 3 short scenes). Novel was written by Kate DiCamillo and won a Newbery Medal and other book awards. Novel was published in 2000. I first was not sure if this is set in the 70s but I think 90s or 2000s. This is a good family entertainment film but with many profound, sad and touching scenes. Also a medium blue jeans dress which looks almost like skirtalls and jeans shorts which look like shortalls under a shirt. A woman in the "church" wears a dress which might be overalls.
I now have seen this film completely. Unusual and good film. Plot and some scenes reminds me to the film "Balloon Farm" (see that entry). Not real farm content. I like it, but I rate 4-5. Good acting of this girl, but very young and thin. Medium or a bit fewer bib scenes. Could be better.

No comments: