Friday, April 1, 2011

Story 3: Firefighter - garbage removal

Das Schulschloss
German documentary series about a boarding school, 10 episodes, 2008.
I like firefighters and I think most are wearing overalls but mostly with a jacket on top. I think most are proud of wearing those uniforms and boots or similiar steady shoes. See also entry of series "Schloss Einstein" where a boy said to a junior firefighter that it's cool.
Here, the boarding school has an own firefighting station. The boy pictured in episode 6 asked another (taller) boy called Stephan with a darker jacket, if he don't mind wearing those clothes. Stephan wonders and not really answers. The boy pictured says that it's like garbarge collection.
I also think, that this clothes are of new Hi-Tech and light synthetic fabric and were possibly of heavy cotton some years before. I also wonder if they wear special protective underwear.

No comments: