Thursday, April 14, 2011

Everything That Rises


TV drama of a ranch boy starring/directed by Dennis Quaid
-Year: 1998
-Year in film: 1990s?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: unknown boy ~6ys
-Available on DVD: VCD and VHS only?
-I own: yes, TV recording
-Bib occurence: low
-Rating:  7/10
-Rating: *******
-Comment: Ryan Merriman as Nathan ~14 ys (image left) didn't wear bibs but good standard jeans. This is my favourite ranch movie and I planned a posting for non-bib farm and ranch films. But I found a young boy in blue bibs at the last minutes of this film (image right). Plot: After the second accident, Nathan has to use a wheelchair but he didn't give up. This is a touching and good family film also featuring some shirtless scenes, riding and rodeo scenes and a scene in a bathtub without water where he slides and his mother helped him. I also like ranch films, but most (modern) films are without bibs. Perhaps because it's not good riding in bibs than in stretch jeans. Sometimes ranching and farming is mixed and at least the youngest family members or girls/woman could wear bibs. I also like these cowboy hats. Although this short bib scene, I rate 7 because of this good film.

No comments: