Saturday, February 19, 2011

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial



Steven Spielberg film about kids and an E.T. 4 Oscars
-Year: 1982
-Year in film: 1980s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Elliott 10, girl 6, woman
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes, now DVD
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: Everone knows this film. And I thought I also knew it. I remember the  E.T. and some famous scenes but never noticed special bib scenes. Then I saw this film in a list at another bib blog that Dee Wallace weared (light blue) bibs. I also first thought of young Drew Barrymore. But in a trailer is also Henry Thomas in dark blue bibs. And they look great. I have to see the entire movie again, but I will wait  for the next TV broadcast of if I find a cheap DVD. Good and funny film. But I remember only few bib scenes. So rating 5. Possibly going up.

Edit: I bought this DVD (remastered 20th anniversary Version). This is my 2nd purchase since this blog (other was The River). Usually I don't buy films, that I know and that are often on TV. 

Henry Thomas wears bibs only in one long scene (~8 minutes and therein only some minutes, mostly in dark light. At least one good scene of full body front and back with good lighting. He looks small and thin.
Before and after that he wears a white undergarment.
Drew Barrymore in black bibs in some scenes, in one carried by her mom on her shoulders. Before that, Dee Wallace in a very short scene at the beginning.

So this film is a very good family entertainment with some touching scenes and also showing life of an US family of the 80s, but not a must have for bib fans. So rating 5 because of this good film.

There must be additional scenes (or stills) with him on other DVD editions.


Update: I've seen the original version in 1/2021. I think much more bibs scenes of Elliott than I remembered. Update soon. (Was also on my bedroom blog, nice bunk bed.) Previously rated 5 now 6.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2021/01/update-et-extra-terrestrial.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2021/01/update-2-et-extra-terrestrial.html

No comments: